Wednesday, June 15, 2011

As He is, so are you in this world! (1 John 4:17)

This verse is preached very much in my church and yet I forget what it says all the time.

So what does it mean?  As Jesus is high and lifted up, full of health and the riches of glory, so are we.  In fact, so am I.

But why then do I get these fits and periods of depression and loneliness?  Can I be honest here?  Where did the suicidal thoughts come from?  Why is my bank account insufficient to provide for my family and I end up being despised because I cant afford the things my relatives can so easily lavish on themselves and display openly?  Even my wife don't think twice about giving me the earfuls.  The pain.

Lately the Lord showed me that it is because I forget. 

The Key:  what I see is what I get.
The Vision:  Keep looking at Him.  Beholding the riches I have in Christ.
From Today's devotion - by pastor Prince

" The more you begin to see that you are one with Christ, the more you will realize that whatever you need right now, He is dispensing to you. If you are sick in your body, Christ your head imparts His health and healing to you. If you lack wisdom, Christ your head freely imparts His wisdom to you. If you have any lack, Christ your head gives you His exceeding riches.
Beloved, have this rich revelation that Christ and you are one. You can never be separated from Christ your head from whom comes all the supply for your body — all the power, wisdom, prosperity and health. So declare, “As He is, so am I in this world!”

I want to thank God for the business contacts and favour that is flowing to me in Christ.   A good friend once told me,"Don't you think  for one moment your prospecting and charm can get any customers.  It is the favour and love of Jesus to get even one customer."  And he is right.  somehow those words have been implanted, and I thank God for them.

Behold what manner of love the father has given unto us,... that we should be called the sons of God.

What I need to pray for now is an increase in my ability to handle all that favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment